Primary School Assistant Principal
Company: Young World Physical Education
Posted on: January 26, 2023
- Application Deadline: Posted until Filled
- Posted: January 3, 2023
- Starting Date: Immediately Enter your email to receive job
alerts when new jobs like this one are posted. My Email Job
Description Title: Primary School Assistant Principal
The assistant principal of the primary school is directly
responsible to the primary school principal and the Director of
The assistant principal will assist the principal in planning,
organizing, administering, managing and coordinating the total
school program with specific attention to Section 504 of the
Rehabilitation ACt of 1973 and Special Education needs of students
in the school. In addition, the assistant principal is responsible
for day to day implementation of programs and academic structures
embodied in the school vision, philosophy and mission to help
facilitate student access to the school's academic programs,
services, and opportunities.
- A Master's degree or higher from an accredited college or
- Maintains a valid Massachusetts Elementary Teacher and
Principal/Assistant Principal Prek-8 license per regulations of the
Massachusetts Department of Education, required.
- Minimum five (5) years of successful experience as a teacher,
- Demonstrates aptitude of state and federal special education
Demonstrated student-centered leadership ability. Excellent verbal
and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to succeed
in complex and changing environments. Proven ability to communicate
effectively and collaboratively with people of diverse backgrounds
including administrators, teachers, staff, parents, guardians and
- Supervises and evaluates staff at the primary school level
through classroom visits, personal conferences, data review, and
- Assist principal in oversight of instructional practices and
- Functions as an educational leader and is a resource for
special education teachers and classroom teachers to improve the
educational process and provide services in the least restrictive
- Provides instructional leadership to ensure implementation of
academic, social emotional and behavioral interventions within an
- Participates in recruitment and staff selection and conducts
orientations, meetings and professional development for WPS
- Develops, under the direction of the Director of Student
Services, procedures and training for increasing practices that
promote the inclusion of students with disabilities
- Collaborates with building principal, Director of Student
Services and other Assistant Principals regarding referral
procedures, special education programming and implementation of
legal mandates and secondary transition procedures.
- Conducts orientations, meetings, and professional development
for WPS staff.
- Assists in organizing and supervising student activities.
- Assists in overseeing the maintenance of standards concerning
students' discipline, health, safety, and general welfare.
- Assists the principal with the overall operations of the
- Attend school activities when applicable
- Assist in the development of budget proposals and the ordering
and distribution of school resources
- Represents the principal in their absence
- Performs other such duties as may be assigned by the building
principal and/or Executive Director of Student Services
Terms of Employment:
- Salary and work year provisions are as defined by collective
bargaining agreement between the Weymouth School Committee and the
Weymouth Teachers' Association - Unit B.
- Effective date of employment will be July 1.
- Contingent upon grant funding
About Weymouth Public Schools:
Weymouth Public Schools is - 5,600 student school district on the
South Shore outside of Boston. A socio-economically diverse
community, Weymouth employs approximately 500 teachers in twelve
schools including one early childhood center, eight elementary
schools, two middle school campuses and one high school.
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
- Job Category : Administrator > Assistant
Equal Opportunity EmployerWeymouth Public Schoolsis committed to
maintaining a work and learning environment free from
discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national
origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation,
marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age,
citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic
information or disability, as defined and required by state and
federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against
individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who
participate in an equal opportunity investigation.Job Requirements
- MGL Chapter 459 of the Acts of 2012
An Act Relative to Background Checks
On January 10, 2013, Governor Deval Patrick signed into law H.4307,
an act relative to background checks. The new law requires all
newly hired employees, beginning in the 2013-2014 school year, to
submit to state and national fingerprint-based criminal background
As a new employee of the Weymouth Public Schools, you will be
subject to a Massachusetts criminal background check (CORI). In
addition, you will be required to submit to a National Criminal
Background Check by fingerprint.
The fee charged is $55.00 for licensed educators and $35 for all
other school personnel.
- Citizenship, residency or work visa requiredApplication
InstructionsThe Weymouth Public Schools has moved to a paperless
application process and appreciates your support in this effort.
Please submit all required documentation via School Spring. Follow
up/additional paperwork or emails are not necessary, as all
applications are reviewed through SchoolSpring. If additional
information is required, applicants will be contacted. Once all
materials have been reviewed, applicants selected for interviews
will be contacted. Thank you.Application QuestionsThere ARE NO
application questions required FOR this job posting.The content you
submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a
"Submission") will viewed by other users of the service who may or
may not be accurately representing who they are or who they
represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions.
Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials
posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the
service is at your own risk. "Sensitive data" for purposes of this
section means social security or other government-issued
identification numbers, medical or health information, account
security information, individual financial account information,
credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account
passwords, individual credit and income information or any other
sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.
Keywords: Young World Physical Education, Weymouth , Primary School Assistant Principal, Education / Teaching , Weymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!