Fire/Security Alarm Technician
Company: American Alarm
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Summary of duties and responsibilitiesIndependently performs
detailed installation, testing and inspection, and repair of all
American Alarm intrusion, fire, access, and video systems according
to system specifications and American Alarm protocols to ensure
systems are functioning properly. Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspects integrated and complex commercial and residential
intrusion, fire, access, and video systems according to system
specifications and American Alarm protocols to ensure that systems
are functioning properly. Inspects the quality of work to ensure it
meets company standards and recommends quality process
- Installs and services small, medium, large, integrated, and
complex commercial and residential intrusion, fire, access, and
video systems according to system specifications and American Alarm
protocols to ensure that systems are functioning properly.
- Performs troubleshooting and repair functions for all systems
including advanced, complex integrated commercial and residential
intrusion, fire, access, and video systems such as: programming;
debugging computer glitches; cleaning detectors; testing controls
and peripheral devices; mounting, replacing, and testing equipment
according to specifications; running cable, bending pipe, etc.
Maintains and repairs system components. Tests systems according to
written specifications to verify system performance and to
determine cause of system problems.
- Instructs customers in intrusion, fire, access control and
video system operation. Responds to customer questions and
requests. Recommend corrective services to adjust customer
- Defines the scope of add-ons and change orders, seeks customer
approval, and writes up paperwork. Assists in the explanation of
systems alternatives to potential customers. Recommends ways to use
additional features and capabilities of system installations.
- Maintains accurate records of all inspections, service calls
and troubleshooting as required. Provides accurate, detailed, and
timely paperwork and reports to management.
- Oversees the work of Systems Apprentices checking for quality,
safety, and accuracy. Provides feedback to Supervisors on Systems
Apprentice performance. Acts as onsite project lead to meet project
timelines and goals.
- Evaluates new products for reliability and fitness to targeted
customer use and profile.
- Other duties as required by management.Education
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience plus the
completion of a vocational, technical or license training
- Continuous manufacturer's specialized training.
- College Degree a plus.Experience
- Knowledge of installing, testing, inspecting, and repairing
basic intrusion, fire, access, video, networked systems.
- At least one specialty and basic understanding of networking
- Basic project planning, administration, and
- Massachusetts Electricians Journeyman "B" or Systems Technician
"D" license, or equivalent in other states. F1 Boston Fire
Department Alarm or other municipal certifications. Valid Driver's
License. Manufacturing Certifications such as Notifier for Fire
Alarm. Industry Certifications recommended: e.g., NICET Fire Alarm,
EST, NTS/ESA, BICSI. Also, Massachusetts Security Certificate of
Clearance or equivalent in other states and DOD clearance. For all:
ESNT Network Certificate, Network+ recommended. Skills
- Job requires command of English language including reading,
speaking, writing, and taking verbal instructions to clearly
communicate and follow instructions. Touch typing a plus.Tools Used
- Ladder, company vehicle, hand tools, (i.e., screwdriver, drill,
meters, telephone headset, soldering iron, pipe bender, Hilti gun,
etc.) smart phone, lift, calculator, laptop, tablet, smartphone.
Must have a currently valid driver's license and be 25 years old or
have a clear driving record to operate a company vehicle.Physical
- Must be able to lift fifty pounds. Must be able to stand for
prolonged periods of time, travel by car and fit into tight
places.Must be able to respond to audible and visual signals
indicating that the system is functioning properly.
Keywords: American Alarm, Weymouth , Fire/Security Alarm Technician, Engineering , Weymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!