Associate Director, Statistics
Company: Takeda Pharmaceutical
Posted on: September 25, 2022
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge. Job Description Are you looking for a
patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you
and empower you to shine? Join us as an Associate Director,
Statistics.At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical
industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a
values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize
their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global
Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation,
and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an
inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are
united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a
Brighter Future to people around the world.Here, you will be a
vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.POSITION
- Providing statistical support in the design, analysis, and
interpretation of non-clinical and biomarker studies to enable
quantitative decision making
- Contributing statistical modeling expertise to cross-functional
project teams, working closely with colleagues from Discovery
biology, translational and clinical research, and partner
- Effectively working with and gleaning insights from a wide
variety of data sources, from standard in-vitro & in-vivo assays to
complex imaging data or sensor data
- Applying state-of-the-art data science methodogies (taken from
statistics, machine learning, and AI) and fit-for-purpose
statistical analysis for various projects and data typesPOSITION
- Serve as global statistical lead for in non-clinical statistics
across therapeutic areas.
- Play a leadership role in development and completion of major
data analysis deliverables and milestones in collaboration with
- Drive/participate in development and implementation of global
systems, processes and standards to maximize quality and
- Provide or identify internal and external statistical expertise
and capacity to support development activities.
- Assess, communicate and propose solutions for internal,
external resource and/or quality issues that may impact
deliverables/timeline at the program level.
- Contribute to representing data science function on project
teams in support of pre-clinical and clinical studies and compound
- Perform end-to-end data analyses, from hypotheses formulation,
experimental design, writing analysis plans, data cleaning,
executing analysis, and preparing reports and documentation.
- Strengthen Takeda's advanced analytics toolkit by identifying
and applying emerging techniques, as well as by developing novel
analysis tools as needed.
- Collaborate effectively within a matrix environment, working
with scientists in various therapeutic and computational areas to
understand disease biology and to tailor data analysis to
- Work closely with Takeda statisticians to ensure statistical
issues in data analysis are addressed.
- Communicate internal and external resource and quality issues
that may impact deliverables or timelines of the program. Escalate
issues to management as appropriate in a timely manner.
- Increase the external recognition of Takeda's data science work
by participating in conferences, publishing work and developing
external collaborations.EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND
- Education in a relevant field, for example a) PhD in a field
such as Biostatistics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical
Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics with at least 5
years of experience, or b) Master's degree with a minimum of 8
years of relevant experience
- Hands on experience with and strong interest in some of the
relevant fields of biology, and experience supporting programs in
Rare Diseases, Neuroscience, GI, Oncology
- Advanced knowledge of pharmaceutical industry, overall drug
development process with expertise in the cross-functional
interfaces with the Statistics function.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Expert-level knowledge of data science programming languages
(Python and R, or similar) and experience with recommended
practices for software development.
- Strong inter-personal and people management skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Significant depth of expertise in at least one field relevant
to the job (for example, machine learning, signal processing, etc.)
and strong background in both supervised and unsupervised machine
- Ability to work independently on complicated datasets,
including all aspects of data analysis (data cleaning, algorithm
development, statistical analysis, and documentation).
- A working knowledge of UNIX operating systems is preferred,
ideally with experience in high-performance computing
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Willingness and ability to self-educate in new areas.
- Strong collaborative skills and ability to work with a
cross-functional team.WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase
additional vacation days
- Community Outreach ProgramsEmpowering Our People to
ShineDiscover more at No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.In
accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not
Permitted to Apply.This position is currently classified as
"hybrid" in accordance with Takeda's Hybrid and Remote Work
policyEEO Statement Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a
diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability,
citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital
status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran,
or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal,
state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by
law. Locations Boston, MA Worker Type Employee Worker Sub-Type
Regular Time Type Full time
Keywords: Takeda Pharmaceutical, Weymouth , Associate Director, Statistics, Executive , Weymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!