Posted on: November 25, 2022
Recognized for multiple years as one of the _Boston Globe_'s Top
100 Places to Work, Christianbook in Peabody, MA, is the leading
print catalog and online company of Christian and inspirational
*We are hiring for a Facilities Manager in our Peabody office and
distribution center. In this role, the Facilities Manager will:
- Ensure OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration)
standards are met at all times.
- Inspect operating machines and equipment for performance with
operational standards, as well as work performed by staff to ensure
it meets specifications and established standards.
- Review plans for facility improvements and discusses equipment
needs and modifications with VP of Operations.
- Confer with VP of Operations and department managers to resolve
maintenance problems and recommend measures to improve operations
and conditions of facility, conveyors, and equipment and to
manage/oversee capital improvements to the facility.
- Troubleshoot and repair malfunctions, as well as perform
preventative maintenance, to mechanical or electrical systems
(e.g., conveyor systems, electrical, HVAC, plumbing) and other
equipment throughout the facility.
- Coordinate and/or manage repair and maintenance work assignments
performed by technicians, vendors and contractors performing
building maintenance, landscaping, and janitorial work, as welll as
review work orders to ensure that assignments are completed.
Responsible for inspections and reports.
- Obtain and review prices for the procurement of parts, services,
and labor for projects. Manages capital projects. Prepare capital
project and operating budget and variance reports.
- Manage vendor relationships and responsible for invoice
processing and accuracy of cost center coding.
- Recommend staff recruitment, promotion, advancement, corrective
action, performance apprails and termination. Plan and monitor
appropriate staffing levels and utilization of labor, including
*Required Experience and Skills: *
- Previous leadership experience preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in one or more of the following fields:
HVAC Technician, mechanical, electrical, carpentry or plumbing
- Previous experience within distribution centers is strongly
preferred but not required.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- The work schedule of the Facilities Manager must be flexible in
order to monitor requests, contractors, and emergencies. May be
required to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to perform moderate physical work; may be required to
lift up to 50 pounds occasionally and up to 25 pounds frequently,
performing such activities as bending, stooping, kneeling,
crouching, climbing, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling,
Job Type: Full-time
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Employee discount
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Retirement plan
* Tuition reimbursement
* Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Peabody, MA 01960: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Preferred)
* HVAC, mechanical, electrical, carpentry or plumbing: 5 years
* Manger/Leadership: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Christianbook, Weymouth , Facilities Manager, Executive , Peabody, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!