Case Manager - Weymouth Winter Shelter - Weymouth Winter Shelter
Company: Bay Cove Human Services
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Case Manager - Weymouth Winter Shelter
Weymouth, MA, USA
Wednesday, September 27, 2023
Full Time - $24/hour
Mission Statement: Bay Cove Human Services partners with people to
overcome challenges and realize personal potential.
Job Summary: The Case Manager engages shelter guests and provides
information, referrals, case management, and case coordination for
guests of Weymouth Winter Shelter to support the pursuit of
housing, health care, financial help and/or job training. The Case
Manager contributes to Bay Cove's mission by partnering with guests
to identify and eliminate barriers to safe and affordable housing
and overall well-being.
This is a non-exempt position.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Ensure that everyone who has been at the shelter for at least
five days is personally interviewed, assessed, and begins case
- Complete intakes, assess guests' needs, identify factors
resulting in arrival shelter and assess eligibility for various
resources needed to address needs and achieve goals.
- Develop individualized case plans with goals and monitor
progress on goals through regular contact (weekly
- Maintain electronic client records as required including
intake, services provided, and case notes in the Homeless
Management Information System (HMIS), and complete all required
documentation in a timely manner.
- Provide relevant referrals and assist with applications to
agencies, service providers, housing programs, and benefit
resources based upon the guest's goals and regularly follow up on
referrals to ensure that guests access necessary services and
resources in a timely manner.
- Establish and maintain relationships with community partners,
local housing agencies, property management companies and private
landlords to ensure success in securing and maintaining housing for
- Work collaboratively with community partners to ensure
coordinated and continuous services and support.
- Participate in weekly Staff Meetings and Case Coordination
- Provide guests with constructive feedback regarding behavior
that is inconsistent with their pursuit of their personal
- Provide crisis prevention and intervention, escalating to the
appropriate party when assistance is needed (supervisor, BEST Team,
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
Requirements for the position:
- College degree or high school diploma/GED, depending on
- Minimum of one to two years' experience in health and human
- Basic proficiency in word processing and other computer
functions using Windows, Word, and Google Email and Apps.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain crisis intervention and
CPR/First Aid certification and complete any required
- Individuals with lived experience with housing insecurity and
homelessness are strongly encouraged to apply
- Utilizes a flexible and responsible work style that meets
evolving needs of the agency.
- Works with integrity and respects the dignity and value of all
- Exhibits mission through job knowledge, pride in work role, and
- Promotes diversity and inclusion of all individuals.
- Works in a collaborative, compassionate manner with
- Frequent interaction with providers, colleagues, customers,
patients/clients, and visitors requiring the employee to
communicate, as well as detect and interpret information, needs,
and issues quickly and accurately, occasionally during emergency
- Frequent communication of accurate information, instructions,
and ideas so others will understand.
- Bending to retrieve, lift, and carry supplies and equipment up
to twenty (20) pounds.
- Frequent movement throughout the building to access, obtain, or
distribute supplies (sometimes pushing or pulling equipment),
- Undertake lifesaving efforts by conducting CPR via the
provision of chest compressions and rescue breathing as needed
until relieved by medical professionals.
- Remain in a stationary position for an extended period of time,
Min Hiring Rate
- Weymouth, MA, USA
Share this job:
Keywords: Bay Cove Human Services, Weymouth , Case Manager - Weymouth Winter Shelter - Weymouth Winter Shelter, Executive , Weymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!