(Full Time) Receiving/Inventory Supervisor Job
Company: BJ's Wholesale Club
Posted on: May 3, 2021
BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the
warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today,
we're a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in
17states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off
grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a
supportive and engaging workplace that's committed to developing
If you're a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working
collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our
Members, we want to hear from you. BJ's offers a fast-paced, team
environment with great training opportunities and competitive
salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
RECEIVING/INVENTORY CONTROL SUPERVISOR (RICS)
Responsible for the supervision of the receiving department.
Ensures the receipt and disposition of merchandise and inventory in
the club, including processing paperwork, verifying merchandise,
comparing receipts against purchase orders, and checking for
damaged products/concealed shortages. Makes sure policies and
procedures are followed within the department. May lead a team of
Receivers and/or DDR Clerks.
Primary Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key
- Maintains the operations of the receiving department, including
matching received inventory against purchase orders and reviewing
discrepancies in received inventory.
- Processes inbound and outbound shipments. Ensures all product
pricing and signage is displayed.
- Ensures radio frequency (RF) guns are used when receiving
- Makes sure all receiving paperwork is complete and
- Separates pallets and verifies that pallets are in the correct
selling or non-selling location.
- Supervises Receivers and/or DDR Clerks. Acts as a mentor to
team members in the receiving/inventory control department. Reports
any issues to management.
- Trains and develops team members. Assign, supervise and monitor
the workload of each team member.
- Assesses team member performance. Provide actionable feedback.
Administer coaching for behavior and performance concerns for
- Provide feedback for team member performance reviews
- Participates in new team member interview process
- Processes damaged/defective merchandise, including hazardous
- Completes receiving documents and other daily reports.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other
departments as needed.
- Forklift operator preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Prior experience working in a big box receiving environment
- Computer skills preferred.
- At least 18 years of age.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment
opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual
orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental
disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait,
marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and
expression, military or veteran status, or any other
characteristics protected by applicable law.
- Majority of the time is spent moving about continuously on hard
surfaces. There may be a need to frequently position oneself to
examine or scan merchandise, including bending, climbing, crawling,
handling, pulling, reaching, and/or stooping.
- Continuously requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May
require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects more than
30 pounds with assistance.
- Usually in a comfortable environment surrounded by moving
machinery and/or loud equipment that may require shouting in order
to be heard. There may be occasional exposure to cleaning
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Keywords: BJ's Wholesale Club, Weymouth , (Full Time) Receiving/Inventory Supervisor Job, Other , Weymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!