If you are an existing employee of SSH then please apply through
the internal career site.
LOC0001 - 55 Fogg Road55 Fogg Road Weymouth, MA 02190
Hospitalists APC PB
Day/Eve Rotation (United States of America)
Under the general guidance of the Hospitalist Director the Nurse
Practitioner will evaluate, diagnose and treat patients following
written guidelines approved by the Department of Medicine.
As a Hospital Medicine Provider at SSH, you will report, through
the Hospitalist Program leadership team including the Lead APC's
and Program Director. You will have such duties and
responsibilities as are set forth below and as may be reasonably
requested by SSH from time to time. You shall perform the medical
services faithfully, with due diligence and efficiency, to the best
of your ability, and in accordance with the applicable standards of
your profession, canons of professional ethics and all laws and SSH
policies in effect from time to time. SSH recognizes that teamwork
and flexibility are essential to providing 24-hour per day
patient-centered care. SSH expects you to be respectful of your
patients, other health care providers, and the physicians and staff
of SSH. You shall be professional at all times and adhere to HIPAA
standards with regard to maintaining confidentiality of patient
information. You will have several different roles as a SSH
Hospital Medicine Provider. These roles include admitting,
rounding, and performing consults at the request of other
providers. Regardless of role, you will be required to use approved
SSH patient care treatment plans and order sets, when
- Obtains a detailed and accurate medical history and performs a
comprehensive physical exam for patients admitted to the
- Orders necessary diagnostic tests, consultations and procedures
as indicated or requested by the Hospital Medicine Consultant or
- Identifies and manages chronic medical conditions and provides
continuous care to hospitalized inpatients.
- Has familiarity with current guidelines regarding the
assessment of the risk of a perioperative cardiovascular event for
pre-operative patients (such as RCRI, and ACS-NSQIP) and
pre-operative medical optimization.
- Prescribes medications, as necessary.
- Writes orders in accordance with current practice
- Writes complete and comprehensive notes on all patients using
appropriate electronic systems consistent with Hospital
- Facilitates timely care, as necessary.
- Actively participates in the South Shore Health System
readmission reduction efforts.
- Reviews the care of each patient with the attending physician
and other consultative services.
- Maintains communications with referring physicians.
- Collaborates with the patient care team (physicians, nurses,
PT/OT, case management) to develop and facilitate care plan.
- Proactively manages patients to prevent complications.
- Provides urgent evaluation to patients with changes in clinical
- Prepares patients for discharge, including patient and family
discharge teaching, continuing care and rehabilitation arrangements
in conjunction with Nursing and Care Progression, writing discharge
prescriptions, and confirming primary care or referring physician
- Prepares formal discharge summaries for or with
- Possess the maturity, self-confidence, and ability to follow
complex patient management plans as directed by the attending
- Eligible for state and federally controlled substances
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
appropriate to the age of the patients served on his/her assigned
- Time Management: Exceptional organizational skills and ability
to organize time and priorities effectively, asking for direction
when appropriate. Flexibility to handle multiple tasks and deadline
- Quality Improvement: Skills to work efficiently and effectively
and strive to do so in all aspects of position.
Minimum Education -
This position is a licensed independent practitioner
credentialed through the Medical Staff Services Office
- Completion of Advanced Physician Assistant or Nurse
Practitioner training program from an accredited institution.
- All licensure re-certifications, as required.
Required additional Knowledge, and Abilities
Requires DEAx number for the ability to prescribe
Demonstrated history of proficiency in the delivery of medical
care to adult patients.
Demonstrated successful completion of the SSH Credentialing
Minimum Work Experience
- 2 years of Acute Medicine experience, preferred.
full time (4 10 hours shifts)
Responsibilities if Required:
Education if Required: