Associate Scientist, Cell Characterization, GI DDU
Company: Takeda Pharmaceutical
Posted on: September 21, 2022
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge. Job Description About the role: At
Takeda, we are a forward-looking, world-class R&D organization
that unlocks innovation and delivers transformative therapies to
patients. By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and
other targeted investments, we push the boundaries of what is
possible in order to bring life-changing therapies to patients
worldwide.Join Takeda as an Associate Scientist, Cell
Characterization where you will provide theoretical/conceptual
input to the design, development and execution of well-defined
projects within the area of expertise:
- Culture and differentiate primary cells, cell lines, and iPSCs
to terminal cell types
- Perform phenotypic characterization analysis: flow cytometry,
immunofluorescence, gene expression, protein secretion
- Perform in vitro functional assays: cell migration,
activationAs part of the Cell Therapy Product Development Research
team, you will report to the Head of Cell Therapy Product
Development Research and work with Gastroenterology Drug Discovery
Unit (GI DDU). How you will contribute:
- Culture and differentiation of primary cells (e.g, isolated
from blood or tissue), cell lines, and iPSCs.
- Characterize cells by flow cytometry, qPCR, immunofluorescence,
MSD, and ELISA.
- Develop and validate cell-based functional assays using
platforms like Incucyte.
- Follow and troubleshoot SOPs.
- Detailed record keeping of data, samples inventories, and cell
- Analyze experimental data using standard software
- Communicate experimental results to team members within and
between groups across sites.
- Develop knowledge of GI development and physiology, and
immunology. Minimum Requirements/Qualifications:
- MS in a scientific discipline (or equivalent) with 3+ years
relevant experience, or
- BS in a scientific discipline (or equivalent) with 5+ years
- Associates degree in scientific discipline with 7+ years
relevant industry experience
- Degree in cell biology, developmental biology, molecular
biology, genetics, or related field of science.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with primary cell culture
- 1+ year of hands-on experience with iPSC culture methods.
- Experience using common software packages to analyze data sets
(GraphPad Prism, Excel, FlowJo).
- Experience in immunology and immune cell culture is
- Experience in isolating cells from blood or tissue for culture
is a plus.
- Experience with direct differentiation of human cells to
terminal cell types is a plus.
- Experience with validation of cell-based or molecular assays is
a plus. What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and
Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase
additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement More about us: At Takeda, we are
transforming patient care through the development of novel
specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support
programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and
empower you to grow through life-changing work.Certified as a
Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages
innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We
foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams
are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and
a Brighter Future to people around the world.In accordance with the
CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to
Apply.EEO Statement Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a
diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability,
citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital
status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran,
or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal,
state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by
law. Locations Boston, MA Worker Type Employee Worker Sub-Type
Regular Time Type Full time
Keywords: Takeda Pharmaceutical, Weymouth , Associate Scientist, Cell Characterization, GI DDU, Other , Weymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!