Research Senior Scientist, Biologics Expression
Company: Takeda Pharmaceutical
Posted on: September 23, 2022
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge. Job Description About the role: At
Takeda, we are a forward-looking, world-class R&D organization
that unlocks innovation and delivers transformative therapies to
patients. By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and
other targeted investments, we push the boundaries of what is
possible in order to bring life-changing therapies to patients
worldwide. Join Takeda as a Research Senior Scientist where you
will join an exciting, fast-paced Therapeutic Generation and
Screening group focused on using state-of-the-art mammalian
expression technology to create novel biologics therapeutics to
improve patients' lives in the fields of Oncology,
Gastroenterology, Neuroscience, and Rare Diseases. Here, you will
independently perform transient mammalian transfections for both
higher throughput screening efforts and larger volume transfections
and stable cell scale up in wave bags in efforts to advance early
therapeutic discovery molecules. You will also be proficient in
recombinant DNA techniques and vector design to generate novel
biologics. As part of the Global Biologics team, you will report to
the Principal Scientist, Therapeutic Generation and Screening, and
work with matrixed project teams and interface very closely with
members of other therapeutic groups. How you will contribute:
- Perform higher throughput production of antibodies, bispecifics
and protein antigens used to discover and advance novel
- Experience in expression of small to large scale production of
antibodies, bispecifics and protein antigens with significant
experience in the use of wave bags is required.
- Thorough understanding of mammalian cell culture and
transfection technologies including electroporation and
fermentation principles are a requirement.
- Extensive experience in molecular biology and reformatting
protein/antibody workflows for expression as well as experience in
designing engineering solutions (multispecifics and innovative
non-antibody fusions) for projects is also required.
- Evaluate and implement new methods for transient protein
expression when appropriate.
- Experience with expression of multispanning membrane proteins
such as GPCRs.
- Perform data analysis and troubleshooting.
- Maintain responsibility for routine laboratory instrumentation
- Summarize and communicate results at team meetings and
contribute to scientific discussions.
- Strong experience in molecular biology and vector manipulation
and molecular biology software (SnapGene and Genious Prime and
- Proficient at tracking and entering data in LIMS systems
(preferably GeneData Biologics) and maintaining a detailed
electronic notebook. What you bring to Takeda:
- BS with 11+ years experience, MS with 9+ years experience, or
Ph.D. with 3+ years of experience in Molecular Biology, Mammalian
Cell Culture, Structural Biology, or Protein Engineering.
- Previous hands on experience with mammalian cell culture
techniques is required.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture techniques using
fermenters or wave bags.
- Experience with molecular biology techniques.
- Understanding of mammalian cell fermentation needs and
possibilities for improvement.
- Previous experience with expression of membrane proteins.
- Experience managing Co-ops, Research Associates and training
- Experience with existing technologies for mammalian protein
production and an ability to create novel technologies when
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details.
- Self-motivated, curious, independent and eager to learn.
- Effective verbal and written communication as well as strong
interpersonal skills required. What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and
Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase
additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement More about us: At Takeda, we are
transforming patient care through the development of novel
specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support
programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and
empower you to grow through life-changing work.Certified as a
Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages
innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We
foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams
are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and
a Brighter Future to people around the world.In accordance with the
CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to
Apply.EEO Statement Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a
diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability,
citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital
status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran,
or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal,
state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by
law. Locations Boston, MA Worker Type Employee Worker Sub-Type
Regular Time Type Full time
Keywords: Takeda Pharmaceutical, Weymouth , Research Senior Scientist, Biologics Expression, Other , Weymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!