Infusion Pharmacy Technician - Satellite Float
Company: Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Posted on: November 17, 2022
Infusion Pharmacy Technician - Satellite Float
Job DetailsJob ID:
101 Columbian Street, Weymouth, MA 02188
Onsite:Up to 1 day remote/wk
OverviewThe Pharmacy Department at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
places emphasis on the values of reliability, professionalism,
cooperation, teamwork, communication, positivity and inclusiveness.
The Pharmacy Technician II, Infusion is responsible for providing
technical support to pharmacy operations under the supervision of
licensed pharmacist. The Pharmacy Technician II, Infusion will
staff in pharmacy locations/areas as required.This pharmacy
technician will be based out of our South Shore Satellite and will
also provide coverage at our Brighton satellite as needed.
Additional responsibilities may include regulatory and compliance
duties, projects, and conducting the training and orientation
processes of new pharmacy employees.Located in Boston and the
surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is a leader
in life changing breakthroughs in cancer research and patient care.
We are united in our mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and
related diseases. We strive to create an inclusive, diverse, and
equitable environment where we provide compassionate and
comprehensive care to patients of all backgrounds, and design
programs to promote public health particularly among high-risk and
underserved populations. We conduct groundbreaking research that
advances treatment, we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers,
and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical
School-affiliated hospitals.ResponsibilitiesPharmacy Technician
- Practices as a pharmacy technician in accordance with all
federal, state, DFCI and Joint Commission policies, regulations and
- Fills medication orders according to policy, while gaining
proficiency with advanced preparations.
- Ensures timely delivery of medication orders and/or
- Utilizes multiple systems such as EHR (Electronic Health
Record, Inventory Management Systems and other systems to complete
and document duties. Identify issues and report as necessary.
- Maintains the Pharmacy inventory: sorting, stocking, rotation
of stock and expiration date checking.
- Performs and documents quality control steps as required for
safety and regulatory requirements.
- Performs cleaning of sterile and non-sterile areas of the
pharmacy as assigned.
- Trains other employees as assigned.
- Communicates and escalates issues or problems.
- May be assigned to cross-cover other locations or areas (e.g.
materials management, outpatient, infusion, etc.).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Infusion Technician Duties:
- Performs sterile and non-sterile compounding of predominately
hazardous drugs in compliance with USP , USP , USP , DFCI policies
and procedures and, when applicable research protocols.
- Ensures compliance with requirements of medications within
Research Protocols as assigned.
- Maintains and supports Automated Dispensing cabinets including
Federal controlled substance retrieving from Return drawer once
- Stocking emergency medication as appropriate by site.
- Sets up and logs pharmacy batch compound products.
Site-Specific Infusion Technician Duties May Include:
- Provides ADS downtime support. Applicable to Chestnut Hill,
Satellites and Pediatric.
- Performs essential pharmacy inventory functions (e.g. ordering
and receiving). Applicable to Chestnut Hill, Satellites and
High School graduate or currently enrolled in an accredited
entry-level degree program for Pharmacy or a
related field.Minimum Experience:
2 years of pharmacy technician experience, with at least 1 year of
experience of compounding
Massachusetts Board of Pharmacy Registration as a Pharmacy
Technician required. National Pharmacy Technician Certification
(PTCB) must be obtained within 1 year of hire date.KNOWLEDGE,
SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to accurately perform pharmaceutical calculations.
- Ability to utilize pharmacy technology systems.
- Ability to develop proficiency of aseptic technique and the
compounding of sterile products.
- Ability to develop proficiency and mastery of compounding of
- Ability to independently troubleshoot issues and assist in
resolution or escalation to the appropriate resource.
- Ability to treat all others (fellow pharmacy staff, patients,
nurses, providers, support personnel, etc.) with the utmost
professionalism and respect.
- Ability to effectively work within a collaborative team-focused
- Participate in department meetings and functions to promote a
successful and efficient pharmacy workgroup.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills (ability to analyze
information objectively and make a reasoned judgment).
- Strong attention to detail.
At Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, we work every day to create an
innovative, caring, and inclusive environment where every patient,
family, and staff member feels they belong. As relentless as we are
in our mission to reduce the burden of cancer for all, we are
equally committed to diversifying our faculty and staff. Cancer
knows no boundaries and when it comes to hiring the most dedicated
and diverse professionals, neither do we. If working in this kind
of organization inspires you, we encourage you to apply.Dana-Farber
Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the
right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender
identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation,
genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service,
protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.
Keywords: Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Weymouth , Infusion Pharmacy Technician - Satellite Float, Professions , Weymouth, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!